Apply for a New Year bonus
Local voluntary groups and organisations have the chance to win a New Year cash boost to support them in their important work to help local people
Erewash Borough Council has opened a further round of funding through its Community Grants Scheme, which means groups can apply for up to £2,000 to help fund projects and services that benefit Erewash residents.
The council wants to hear from as many organisations as possible – both large and small -
ahead of the closing deadline for applications of 5.30pm on Friday 20 December.
Over the last few years, hundreds of local voluntary groups have received vital funding to support them in their important work to help local people.
A funding round earlier this year saw the council award a total of nearly £19,500 to 20 organisations for their projects, which included:
• West Hallam Village Hall Charity - £2,000 towards the cost of installing/replacing a gable end window
• Stanley Village pre-school - £590 for new equipment for their free flow outdoor play area
• Home Start Erewash - £1,930 towards kitchen refurbishment
• Parkside High CIC – £2,000 for Streetside Urban Youth project supporting 8-18 year olds;
• Aitone Collective - £440 equipment for repair and recycle cafes and swop shops
• All Saints Church, Kirk Hallam - £620 for the Crimson Tide community project towards sanitary products for women struggling with ‘period poverty’