Report outlines key successes
Erewash Borough Council’s Annual Report, which outlines the key achievements across its priority areas, has been approved at a meeting of Council Executive this week (Tuesday 2 October).
The 2017/18 report also includes the financial position and the council’s priorities and vision to take the borough forward.
Messages and achievements in the report include:
• That for every £1 of council tax paid by a resident, Erewash Borough Council receives 11p. Derbyshire County Council receives 74p, Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner 11p and Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Authority 4p.
• The council works with a wide range of partners to help improve the quality of life for residents – including with neighbouring authorities, Erewash Partnership Ltd, and national and regional organisations. The council also funds Erewash Citizens Advice Bureau.
• A total of £525,000 was awarded to 73 people in the borough to help them to live independently in their own homes.
• The council supports local communities in many ways, including making over £130,000 available for community and voluntary groups.
• There was a 38% drop in fly tipping incidents in the borough – the third consecutive year the council saw a reduction in incidents.
• The council has worked hard to improve its environmental performance and thanks to the LED lighting programme and other ‘green’ energy measures, the council achieved a 28% reduction in CO2 emissions over the last five years.
Councillor Carol Hart, Leader of Erewash Borough Council, says:
“We are committed to keeping our residents informed about how their money is being spent on the things that matter in our borough and this Annual Report is an important platform that allows us to do just that.
“I am delighted to be able to report that we again performed well against our targets in the last financial year and that yet again, we delivered a balanced budget. These are financially challenging times, however, and the hard work continues to ensure we provide efficient and best-value services for everyone.”
The Annual Report 2017/18 is available to view online at www.erewash.gov.uk while a small number of printed copies are on display in the reception areas of the council’s buildings. Hard copies can be provided on request by calling 0115 907 2244.